Thousands of cyclists have pedalled to the Scottish Parliament, calling for 5% of Scotland’s transport budget to be spent on cycling and seven other key measures intended to encourage and support cycling:
- Proper funding for cycling.
- Design cycling into Scotland’s roads.
- Slower speeds where people live, work and play
- Integrate cycling into local transport strategies
- Improved road traffic law and enforcement
- Reduce the risk of HGVs to cyclists and pedestrians
- A strategic and joined-up programme of road user training
- Improved statistics supporting decision-making and policy